If you love comfort foods, you'll love this classic meatloaf, adapted from Real Life Dinner.
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
3/4 cup old-fashion oatmeal
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are temporary, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
1 hour 20 minutes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ground beef, ground pork, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, incorporate everything into the meat. This only takes 30 seconds or so, do not over mix.
3. Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
4. Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over meatloaf.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.